Monday, 9 November 2015

Lost...

We all sat watching the sun come down, a feeling of calm immediately engulfing our soul, taking away all the tiredness just when our insecurity pricked us again. We were all at a stage of turmoil, indecision and uncertainty… We all had a vision but were unaware of the path we would have to follow to reach it. Were afraid of the amount of speed bumps we might hit and the amount of sharp turns we’d have to take, but the insecurity was calming in its own way as we knew we weren’t alone.

We spoke endlessly of what we wanted and how things would go in the future, talking about the beautiful countries we would want to visit and the beautiful and successful people we aspire to be. Although we realized that finding passion was easier than embarking on a mission, every teen does dream big. We all had different interests but the same worries and same fears regarding careers because risk is everywhere…

We all looked down together and noticed the water lapping up to our feet and receding as I was wondering what my friends must be thinking… I could see my progress in the waves; a strong flow followed by lighter ebbs followed by strong ebbs and weaker flows representing my current state.

It was scary but oddly relieving because I could feel that ups and downs are inevitable. I spoke for long about the things I dreamt of and everyone heard with fascination, wishing I succeeded in my almost impossible dream. It gave them hope to dream further and dream bigger. At least our dreams made us smile. 
Pic courtesy-Sauviik Roy
I just wanted to leave it all and jump into the water for a refreshing swim as the water lured me.                                  


We ended up making fun of our dreams and having a great laugh in an attempt to hide the insecurity that we felt and stared at the sunset. Moving ahead,  we got up to leave, drank some Pepsi and went home with new dreams, inspirations, ideas and a precious memory to make us smile 15 yrs down the line :’)

No comments:

Post a Comment